Tuesday 31 May 2011

Getting the gas up


I'm getting the gas up, man
Feeling like there's somewhere to go, man
Not sure what direction it is, man
Might be north, east, south or west, man
Maybe not west, that's out to sea, man
But anywhere else could be it, you know
If I stay here it's the boredom, man
Looking out the window to sea, man
Sometimes a wave passing by, man
But if I go north, what you think, man
Is it better than heading east, man
Or I could head off south into town, you know
Is there anything there for me now, man
Or am I really too gone to take it all on, man
Too past my best and needing a rest, man
So what would I do if I got there, man
What at all could I do there now, man
Maybe past my best in my heart, you know
Or maybe too scared to face it, man
It's a big thing to take on in your mind, man
And a real heart-breaker as well, man
As I accept that I'm way past my best, man
And really hurting it through, man
The worst - the future's no good, you know

No comments:

Post a Comment